I just finished reading my omnibus copy of @rosalarian’s YU+ME Dream. I remember reading the first half of the book online, and being so pissed off at the dream reveal that I stopped reading it, but read her other stuff and always meant to finish the series.
Reading it in hard copy, holding it in my hands, was the perfect way to revisit Fiona and Lia, and to find out what happened. And holy shit. I’m sitting here, working in he bookmobile, just sobbing.
It was beautiful and it was wonderful.
I don’t know if you’ll ever see this, Megan, but thank you so, so much for an amazing story that moved me so much.
USE ELLO WITH ME PEOPLE
I CAN GIVE YOU INVITES
Anonymous asked: Have you learned your lesson yet about hiring short term mediocre writers like Warren Ellis to work on characters he has no passion for? The failures can't be denied.
You have a very interesting definition of failure.
Let me ask you a question: if we do choose to hire Warren for something, how is that any skin off of your nose?
What vendetta do you have against Warren that you cannot simply not buy the comics that he writes and then go on about your life?
Let’s see these failures.
Moon Knight? Stellar.
Secret Avengers? Fuckin A.
Nextwave? Don’t even talk to me, stupid-ass anon.
It’s that time again! :-) I’m happy to announce my 2nd tumblr giveaway, featuring cool new prizes as well as some old faves. This time I’m organizing it through rafflecopter, so be sure to pay extra attention to the rules!
1) This is a thank you present for my followers, so yes, you must be following me (don’t worry, if u can rough it through the patriarchy u will survive my selfies Be Strong My Sisters)
2) New followers are welcome and appreciated, but for the love of bell hooks do not follow only with the intention of unfollowing later. People put their time, money, and energy into giveaways, it’s dishonest and rude af to do that look at ur life look at ur choices
3) Likes do count, but I strongly suggest that you reblog too, at least once. (You must like or reblog this post at least once to enter! I’ll be checking.) SUPER IMPORTANT LIKE BEYONCE-LEVEL IMPORTANT: Be sure to record every entry on rafflecopter, that’s the only way it’s guaranteed to be seen, because that’s what I’ll be using to pick the winner since tumblr is notorious for eating notes on giveaway posts!
4) I will ship anywhere so no worries!
5) There are loads of ways to get extra entries and most of them aren’t even that annoying, so check it out on rafflecopter.
6) No reblogging to giveaway blogs it’s cheating and u know it *peeps at u over my rad shades*
7) Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on September 30th. Stuff will be sent out sometime in the few weeks after that calm down friend you’re waiting for some cutesy bracelets not the third season of Orange Is The New Black
* Your choice of up to 5 feminist books (pictured). Yes folks a few of these are thrifted but none of them look like they were the property of the Half-Blood Prince don’t be a hater u capitalist pig
* Your choice of 3 buttons from my shop, hella awesome.
* Your choice of 3 bracelets - a full list isn’t available, but samples are above. Examples include: Feminist, Girl Power, Riot Grrrl, Khaleesi, Queen, Mermaid, etc.
* Your choice of 5 (individual) stickers from my shop - not all of the designs are officially up for sale yet, but you can still choose those designs!
* One pack of 4 Superhero Buttons ft Supergirl and Wonder Woman
* Your choice of one “No Uterus, No Opinion”, Powerpuff Girls, or “I heart Men” button
* One Wonder Woman Keychain
* One custom mixed CD of “girl power” songs (playlist is a surprise!)
Your choice of the following -
* One book and 3 stickers
* 3 stickers, 1 bracelet, 1 button
* 2 buttons, 1 bracelet
* A bracelet, button, or 3 stickers of your choice
Okay that should do it, stay tuned for additional info and possible additional prizes in the coming weeks!
Hey, I’m running a feminist giveaway on my personal, and I thought some of you might be interested! You get two extra entries just for being a follower of WKA. <3
Only a few days left!
“Make no mistake, when school administrators patrol hallways checking out the legs, arms, shoulders and skin of 10- and 11-year-old girls, and micromanaging their appearance, they are objectifying them and encouraging them to self-objectify in the same way that popular media or purity cultures do.”
—Soraya Chemaly, School Dress Codes: The Funny-Not-Funny Video You Have to See (via joffi)
“So I can either ruin two lives or spend eternity in a fire pit just because your sky-friend told you so?”
—This might be the best retort I’ve ever heard someone scream at anti-abortion activists in NYC. Remember: it’s not pro-life. It’s anti-choice. (via hannahvanderpoel)
- American People: muslim countries are so awful to women they need to treat them better
- American People: Women ask to get raped
- American People: Girls need to cover themselves they're a distraction to boys
- American People: Women shouldn't be able to get abortions
- American People: Why should women get birth control they shouldn't have sex anyway
- American People: We have such great equality God bless